The Criterion CORE Series is an ideal pairing for the versatile .300 AAC Blackout cartridge. The modern taper design is a departure and improvement upon “government contours”—profiles that have harsh diameter variations and lack material where it is needed most.
The CORE Series’ continuous taper design aids in heat absorption, harmonics, balance, handling, and ultimately, accuracy. This contour is an ideal balance between weight and intelligently distributed material capable of enduring hard use and intensive training schedules without slowing you down. The CORE Series features a balanced front end that works for you when used in conjunction with modern accessories like weapon lights, IR lasers, suppressors, and clip on night vision devises.
Paired with a 1-7 twist and our 5-groove rifling, the 8.5″ & 10.5” can stabilize a wide range of BOTH subsonic and supersonic bullets. If you plan on using a suppressor, it will also ensure subsonic loads are not pushed beyond the supersonic threshold.
- Made of 4150CMV ordnance grade barrel steel for increased durability and its ability to handle heat from hard use
- Chrome-lined for superior barrel life and corrosion resistance. Our chrome-lining process is the most refined in the industry and will not degrade accuracy
- Hand-lapped rifling for a pristine internal finish—this increases land engagement while minimizing bullet defamation which is paramount for accuracy and longevity
- Polished chambers for reliable extraction
- 1-7 twist rate, ideal for use with both subsonic an supersonic loads
- 5-groove rifling, aids in maximizing land engagement and minimizing bullet deformation
- Finely tuned gas port for use with and without a suppressor
- Mil-spec magnesium phosphate exterior finish for added corrosion resistance
- 5/8-24 TPI muzzle threads, compatible with a wide range of muzzle devices and suppressors
- M4 style barrel extension
- .750” Gas Block, dimpled for ease of installation
More About 300 AAC Blackout
The .300 AAC Blackout cartridge was designed to shoot .30 caliber bullets from the AR15 while maintaining parts compatibility and standard capacity. It shoots supersonic ammunition with ballistic performance similar to the 7.62 x 39 cartridge, and also accepts heavyweight subsonic ammunition which is ideal for suppressed fire. This cartridge is used in a variety of ways from tactical applications and hunting to competition, self-defense, concealed carry, and range use.