Our CORE Series barrels are designed with tactical shooters in mind. These barrels are built to address issues with weight distribution, balance, and handling of traditional profiles, while increasing performance through consistent harmonics and uniform heat dissipation.
The CORE Series feature a modern, continuous taper profile that eliminates steps and harsh variations in diameter. The steel is redistributed where it is needed most: surrounding the chamber. Added weight over the chamber absorbs heat evenly during hard use and moves the balance of the rifle closer to the body for increased control. This is optimal for maintaining balance when used with modern accessories like Low Power Variable Optics (LPVO’s), weapon-mounted lights, suppressors, clip-on night vision devices, and IR lasers; these components boost the capabilities of the rifle, but can hinder the shooter’s performance by increasing front-end weight. The front end of the CORE Series remains light and fast for better handling, balance, and speed.
The CORE Series helps you handle real-world applications by maintaining exceptional performance and rugged reliability during hard use. These barrels work for you wherever mobility is a priority and performance is essential.
- Chrome-lined for superior barrel life and corrosion resistance. Our chrome-lining process is the most refined in the industry and will not degrade accuracy.
- .223 Wylde chamber that is designed to safely and reliably fire both .223 Remington and 5.56 NATO ammunition while increasing accuracy due to more consistent chamber pressures.
- Honed and hand-lapped rifling produce perfect bore uniformity and a pristine internal finish – aids in barrel cleaning and is paramount for accuracy
- Finely polished chambers for reliable extraction and feeding
- Mid-length gas system compatible with mid-length length gas tubes
- Gas port tuned for proper function with and without suppressor
- 0.625” Gas Block journal, dimpled for ease of installation and solid lock-up
- 1/2×28 TPI muzzle threads compatible with a wide range of muzzle devices and suppressors
- Precision-machined barrel extension with M4 feed ramps
mikesantoeast (verified owner) –
This barrels has been amazing. It beats my Daniel Defense barrel by a long shot. I will buy more.
Matthew Middleton (verified owner) –
The balance on this barrel is exactly as described. I have used this barrel along side a DD LW and a Criterion hybrid. I have used all three with red dots and a Vortex Razor HD Gen II-E. This barrel is noticeably more balanced and more accurate than the DD LW. I recommend this barrel for anyone who would carry a rifle for any length of time or someone with a LPVO. I would also recommend the hybrid barrel for the best accuracy I have seen from an AR barrel. Both the hybrid and Core barrels are well under 1 MOA with good ammunition.
Keegan Scott (verified owner) –
Picked up their 13.9″ core barrel for a recce rifle build I had in mind. The barrel weight, accuracy, and gassing blew me away. The rifle lives suppressed for 99 percent of its life so I was extremely impressed with how the barrel and gas port size is properly tuned. I will always shop Criterion for all my future builds.
Paul Mortensen (verified owner) –
Sub MOA out of the box with perfect I mean absolutely perfect balance. If you shoot and move this barrel is the one you want hands down…
o-prod (verified owner) –
Just took out the new build with the 16″ core series mid length. Ran perfect with 3 o’clock ejection using an H1 A5 buffer.