Chambered in 6.5×55 Swed, this Garand barrel gives you the soft recoil and the ability to shoot supersonic beyond 1,000 yds. The mild pressure of the 6.5 x 55 also offers longer barrel life.
Historically speaking, the 6.5x55mm is one of the classic Mauser cartridges. It is extremely accurate and it delivers exceptional ballistics at mild pressures. John Garand originally built his rifle in .276 Pedersen caliber. The .276 Pedersen used a 125 grain 7mm bullet at 2690 fps and with a 6.5x55mm barrel, the Garand shooter can recreate the original ballistics of John Garand’s masterpiece.
A classic cartridge that offers long barrel life, extreme accuracy, exceptional long range ballistics, and very low recoil.
- U.S. G.I. Contour
- Mag Phosphate finish
- Receiver threads are timed
- Hand-lapped rifling for a pristine internal finish—aids in barrel cleaning and paramount for accuracy
- These are chambered for a 0.473″ case body like the Remington and Winchester brass.
- Gas port is sized at proper function for reasonable loads. A Schuster gas plug may be used for slow burning powders. Enlarging the gas port may result in bent op rods.
- Each barrel is headspaced to short end of spectrum. May require finish reaming to fit your receiver and bolt.